Some brown spots are normal, but not required for the tortilla to be done.
- 2 cups Masa
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Hot Water
- Start by whisking or sifting the masa and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Then, gradually pour in the water, kneading it in gently with your fingers.
- Once you’ve added all the water, and kneaded the dough into a spongy texture, allow it to rest about 20 minutes.
- While it rests, preheat your skillet or griddle to medium heat, and prepare your tortilla press.
- Next, pinch off about tablespoon sized balls, and press them into a tortilla.
- Finally, cook the tortillas for about one to two minutes on each side, usually until they both dry.
© 2021 © 2018, Cree Dalene