The sauce keeps for about 10 days in the fridge, but cooling it does cause it to harden slightly. You’ll want to heat it up again before serving it.
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- First, combine the sugars, butter, cream, corn syrup and salt in a medium pan.
- Then, cook over low heat, stirring constantly until butter melts.
- Next, turn up the heat to medium, stirring constantly until it begins to boil.
- Boil the sauce for about five minutes, stirring throughout.
- Then, remove the sauce from the heat and allow it to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Finally, add the vanilla extract, and stir vigorously.
© 2021 © 2018, Cree Dalene