- 1 2″ Rib-eye Steak
- 1 tbs Salt
- 1 tbs Pepper
- 3 tbsp Canola Oil
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- First, preheat oven to 200°F (94°C).
- Then, rub salt and pepper over the entirety of the steak.
- Next, place the steak on a cooling rack, on a tinfoil covered cookie sheet in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After the steak come out, heat canola oil in a cast iron skillet to medium-high (to hot and it will turn into a thick smoke).
- Next, sear the steak for thirty seconds on one side, and flip it.
- Then, add butter, garlic, rosemary, and thyme to the skillet.
- At this point, gently spoon the resulting oil onto the steak until it finishes cooking.
- ALWAYS check your meat temperature before you take it out of the skillet. It should be 145°F (63°C).
- Next, Allow the meat to rest on a covered plate for ten minutes.
- Finally, Slice the steak into half-inch thick strips and serve.
© 2021 © 2018, Cree Dalene