- 2 cups Masa
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 3/4 cup Hot Water
- 1 qt Oil
- Begin by stirring the masa and salt in a large bowl with a fork.
- Next, add the water and use your hands to knead it to a play dough texture (spongy, not to sticky or dry).
- Separate the dough into 8 balls and use a tortilla press with wax paper to semi-flatten them.
- Next, allow the raw gorditas to rest, as you bring the oil to about 400°F in a skillet.
- Once that’s done, fry the gorditas until they puff up, then flip them and continue frying until they turn a nice golden color.
- Transfer the fried gorditas to a paper towel lined plate and allow them to cool.
- Finally, carefully cut the gorditas near the top and fill them with whatever you like.
© 2021 © 2018, Cree Dalene